Promoting Confidence/Allaying Fear
“You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop and look fear in the face. You can then say, I lived through this, and I can take the next thing that comes along.” Eleanor Roosevelt
We will all experience setbacks, obstacles, and problems to work through in life. Going through challenging situations and circumstances are opportunities for growth, strength and change as long as we learn to live one day at a time, do our best where we are, and keep looking up. The only person who can get you down and hold you back is you; and we do that with negative thoughts, conversations, behavior and attitudes.
In order to stay strong and keep moving forward no matter what you may be facing
- Be optimistic on purpose. This is an attitude we need to practice. Optimism is actively choosing to expect a good outcome. It is disciplining ourselves to see the good and to choose to refuse to allow circumstances to affect you negatively.
- Take action that will move you forward, on purpose, especially when you don’t feel like it. Do something, anything that will move you forward In a positive way.
- Take care of you self physically. Eat well, stay hydrated, get quality sleep, and stay consistent with challenging workouts to release stress and tension from our body. Without daily release of tension and stress, it becomes toxic to our body and state of mind.
- Learn to be present, and take it one day at a time. You can overcome anything if you commit to living in the moment positively, doing your best, and allowing God to handle the rest.
- Give yourself the gift of silence and meditate on a calming mantra or empowering thought every day. This practice will truly strengthen you mentally, keep you stable and calm no matter what may be happening around you.
So, remember, we have only one day at a time to live, so live today consciously and deliberately and choose well.