Building Unshakeable Strength
Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
~Christian D Larson
In order to be strong in all you do, it’s not just a decision, but a conscious effort to build a firm foundation in strength and peace.
I read somewhere that a palm tree can bend in the most powerful of winds, yet won’t get uprooted. Actually they say when there is a huge storm it makes the roots of the palm stronger. We need to be like the palm tree, bend and sway with our circumstances, moving and flowing, yet grounded firm and becoming stronger.
When we are grounded in strength, our body remains healthy and our mind remains calm, clear and focused. We also grow our spiritual muscles when we are not easily moved and shaken.
How do we build this unshakeable strength?
- Make time for stillness, silence and contemplation. Whether it’s a meditation practice, prayer, journaling, waking or running out in nature—get quiet. When you do this every day consistently, you will find you have the strength and ability already inside of you to get through anything, and accomplish any goal you set for yourself.
- Life is going to challenge you and your loved ones. How will you respond? Will you embrace it, work though it with most positive optimistic attitude and allow it to change and strengthen you? Or will you resist it—allow yourself to feel defeated—and cause you pain?
- Consciously choose each day what you will allow into your spirit. Live deliberately. Pay attention to the—
- type of food you eat
- how you think
- what you say
- what you do
- what you watch
- what you listen to
- what you read.
- All these things have an effect on you, either a positive healthy effect or a negative toxic effect. May I encourage you to take a few minutes each morning and meditate on empowering thoughts. Our thoughts have an effect on our attitude, our emotions, our behavior and actions. We need to think empowered to be empowered. We need to think healthy to be healthy.
- Move your body consistently. Commit to an exercise program that includes some type of core/strength training at least 3 times a week. This not only strengthens your muscles, bones and joints, but literally pumps stress/tension out of your body and keeps you strong and confident in mind and spirit.
So remember—we have only one day at a time to live. Let’s live it today consciously and deliberately—let’s choose well!