Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. ~Norman Vincent Peale
We are not going to be confident if we feel all stirred up on the inside with worry, anger, regret, anxiety. These emotions are fear based and feed self-doubt and defeat.
But a deep inner peace, a steady quietness and calmness on the inside brings confidence, trust, strength and faith.
How can we develop this deep quiet confidence?
- Go deeper. Every day spend some time connecting and nourishing your spirit. A meditation practice; time in prayer and contemplation; inspired reading; journaling; getting out in nature are just a few nurturing practices that connect you to a deeper level of yourself. Give yourself 10 minutes a day. This will bring you the awareness that you are already strong, confident and have all you need within yourself to achieve your goals and get through any challenge you be facing in life.
- Take action. Doing something positive towards your goals is the builder of confidence. Doing something, no matter how small, is better than doing nothing.
- Build yourself up literally. Speak only words that uplift you. Stop criticizing and beating yourself up. Meditate on a powerful affirmation, a mantra, or a scripture verse that strengthens you and builds you up.
- Be strong and healthy physically. When your body is fit and strong, it builds confidence. If you don’t take care of your physical body, you can’t be surprised when your body develops and illness, disease or pain. You have to decide to get healthy, and put action behind that decision.
- Celebrate your successes. It’s easy to focus on our mistakes, what we didn’t do right and beat ourselves up. But when you look back at how far you have come and accomplished already in life, it’s a confidence builder. Use your mistakes as learning and growing experiences, and then move on. You can’t linger in self- pity, it’s a defeated attitude.
Start today to believe in yourself. Dare to be all you can be. Dare to be as happy and healthy as you can be, and have great expectations.
So, remember, we have only one day at a time to live, so live it today consciously and deliberately and choose well!