It takes a deliberate effort and intention to be healthy and positive, especially during the challenging times we live in.
A positive healthy life doesn’t just happen. We make it happen. We make it happen by making positive, healthy choices in thought, action and attitude each day. One day at a time. This is not always easy.
I want to encourage you to embrace being uncomfortable because progress happens when we are challenged, when we are uncomfortable. If we want to progress and move forward in a positive direction in any area of our life, it’s going to be uncomfortable.
It reminds me of the mantra “if it doesn’t challenge you it doesn’t change you.“
In order to embrace the uncomfortable I want to encourage you to:
- Protect your mindset: Negativity is all around us.
- Commit to less news, less gossip, less complaining, and more gratitude.
- Learn to live one day at a time: Keep your mind and heart focused on today, now.
- Put your best self into your day.
- You can eat well, one day at a time.
- You can exercise, one day at a time.
- You can be optimistic in attitude, one day at a time.
- You can decide waste your energy on worried anxious thoughts, one day at a time.
- You can do anything, and get through anything, one day at a time.
So, really work hard on being more present.Don’t miss the ordinary blessings that every day brings you. When you notice your blessings, it helps you through the uncomfortable parts of life. Count your blessings, from a beautiful cup of coffee in the morning, to the gorgeous sunset, notice the beautiful.
It’s HUMAN to mumble and grumble. It’s DIVINE to give thanks!
So, remember, we have only one day at a time to live…to live this day consciously and deliberately and choose well.