Keep a good attitude!
When life knocks you down, try to land on your back. Because if you can look up, you can get up. ~Les Brown
I love this quote. We all go through challenges and difficulties in life. One of the best things we can do for ourselves as we walk through it is to keep a good attitude.
Our attitude is a choice. And it affects not only our health, success and happiness but it affects everyone around us. The dictionary describes attitude as a manner of thinking, feeling or behaving that reflects a state of mind or disposition. It takes more than just trying to keep a good attitude…it’s a practice, a commitment. It’s training yourself to be positive and hopeful on purpose all through the day, especially during the challenging times. When we do, we are not only keeping our mind clear and focused and our body healthy, but we are gaining strength and courage spiritually.
So, let’s train ourselves to expect good things.
- Refuse to dwell on doom and gloom, what’s not going right, or what we are lacking.
- Affirm and believe that things are working out for your benefit, and refuse to allow anyone or anything to steal your calmness, joy and peace.
Let’s train ourselves to be kind.
- Be kind to yourself and others.
- Think and speak only goodness and positive into your life and those around you.
- Speaking negatively, defeated and complaining brings hopelessness, anger and frustration.
- Practice speaking and thinking in the direction you want your life to unfold.
Let’s train ourselves to be grateful.
- We cannot be worried and grateful at the same time. We get to choose.
- Start your day feeling grateful for all your blessings.
- If we wait until everything is perfect in our life to be grateful and joyful, then it will never happen, because life is never perfect.
- We all have things to work through and work towards. So be grateful and enjoy your life now.
- Gratitude will keep us calm and in peace in the midst of chaos
So, remember, we have only one day at a time to live, so let’s live this day consciously and deliberately and let’s choose well!