Our approach to life affects everything
This is our choice in every moment. Do we relate to our circumstances with bitterness or with openness. ~Pema Chodron
It not only affects our own personal health and wellbeing, but it affects everyone around us.
As human beings, it’s in our nature to grow, strive, create. We set daily goals and intentions, which gives us focus and direction. We take positive forward moving action and we monitor our attitude making sure we stay hopeful and optimistic. We work really hard at staying present. These are things we have control over.
Sometimes life throw’s us off course, and things don’t go as planned. When this happens, we want to be extra mindful of our approach…be open, accepting, and trust that there is something we need to learn and grow from what is happening. This approach may not always be easy, but it will keep us moving forward in a positive direction. We won’t progress if we allow things that don’t deserve our attention and bring us down in a negative way.
- Let’s stay active making sure that we get daily exercise to release stress and tension from our body, and to help keep our mind clear and strong.
- Spend more time in silence.
- Pray, ready, meditate…Silence is powerful, and there is so much noise and distraction these days, that we need to consciously and deliberately be silent.
- Be mindful where you put your attention and focus and how you use your time.
- We won’t progress if we allow things that don’t deserve our attention bring us down in a negative way.
- If you find social media not a positive experience…step away from it.
- If you find that some people in your life drain you of your energy, spend less time with them.
- If the news depresses you, don’t listen so much.
- Take appreciation breaks throughout the day.
- Meditating on our blessings is such a powerful practice to keep us calm, clear minded, happy and it prevents us from taking our goodness for granted.
So, remember, we have only one day at a time to live, so let’s live this day consciously and deliberately and let’s choose well.