Our attitude is one of the most important things we have control over
In one minute you can change your attitude and in that one minute you can also change your entire day. ~Spencer Johnson
It has been said that life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you respond. Attitude is simply the energy we choose to radiate as we live our day. It’s your mind set, and
I want to talk specifically today about enjoying your journey.
We all have goals and dreams, things we want to change for the better. Whether it’s health and fitness goals, relationship intentions, or work/business/financial goals; there is always going to be something to work towards, or challenges to work through. But you can choose to enjoy your journey, enjoy your day, enjoy your moment on your way to positive changes.
A positive happy healthy life doesn’t just happen. We choose to make it happen by making positive happy healthy changes in our thoughts, attitude and behavior, one day at a time. So let me give you some tips to help you enjoy your journey.
- Create a happy list. Write down all the things you love to do. All the people you love to be with. Write down everything that feeds your spirit, nourishes your soul. Make sure you consciously do at least one thing on your list per day. Don’t put off things you love to do, life is now. No one is promised tomorrow. This will create more joy, contentment, and stability into your day.
- Let go of what no longer serves you. Make a list of activities, attitudes, habits and even people that you need to let go of because they are not in integrity with who you want to be and how you want to live. Now is the time to let go of the past, let go of any fears and doubts, clean up any excuses, and let go of anything holding you back. How do we let go? Don’t focus your time, thoughts and energy on negativity and negative people.
- Create new positive habits one at a time. Write down some positive habits you want to create and practice them daily. Set some daily commitments, and before you know it, those positive healthy daily commitment have become positive healthy habits. Whether it’s drinking more water, eating more fruits and vegetables, practicing meditation or gratitude, reading something inspiring every day, exercising….take it one day at a time and refuse to give up.
- Stop complaining, criticizing and fault finding. You energize and empower everything you complain about. It’s toxic to your health, your relationships and any goal you set for yourself. Stop strengthening negative things you speak about. Honestly, when we complain, we will stay in our negative situation longer or we will experience something worse. Instead of complaining, practice gratitude. Don’t take the blessings in your life for granted.
- Keep your mind set and focused on the positive. Write down some Bible scriptures or positive affirmations and speak them out loud, roll them over and over in your mind and allow the positivity to strengthen and empower you. There is no way we can live fit, happy and healthy with a negative mind and mouth, and focusing on the wrong things. I am not saying to deny any problems, or to not face reality. I am saying to decide you will approach life with a strong positive mind and attitude. I am saying to own your attitude, your thoughts, and your behavior/actions. Doing this empower us.
So, remember, we have only one day at a time to live, so live this day consciously and deliberately and enjoy the journey!