Staying positive around negativity or unfairness
For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Staying positive and in your peace around negative people is an art, a practice.
It’s important to understand that when you are practicing positivity and peace and you find yourself in an unfair situation or surrounded by negative people, you have a choice to make. You can either choose to let go and stay in peace or be negative and miserable.
Here are some tips that can help you stay in your energy of peace and positivity….
- Decide to start each day in a positive healthy direction. Get a workout in to get your happy endorphins pumping, eat a healthy nourishing breakfast, and meditate on your blessings. This way you are starting your day uplifted and nourished.
- Breathe deeply to help keep your emotional balance. Take a peaceful pause. Repeat a calming mantra to yourself. “Let go.” “All is well.”
- Try to shift any negative conversation in a positive direction. Be light-hearted. If you can’t think of anything positive to say, stay neutral. Staying neutral is a tremendous gift in the presence of negativity.
- Don’t take anyone’s negativity personally. Everyone we come in contact with through the day is fighting a battle we know nothing about. Stay in your peace.
- Deliberately meditate on thoughts that will strengthen and empower you. We can think ourselves healthy, think ourselves out of worry and anxiety, think ourselves confident, strong, calm Start today to embrace the power of a meditation practice using positive affirmations, calming mantras, or Scripture verses. In order to be healthy, strong and positive, we need to think healthy, strong and positive. This is the power of meditating on empowering thoughts.
So remember, we have only one day at a time to live, so live it today consciously and deliberately and choose well.