Happy 2017! A new year, an opportunity for a fresh start….
Each morning we are born again, what we do today is what matters most. ~Buddha
The beginning of a New Year always gives us an opportunity for a fresh start. What will you commit yourself to this year? How do you want to live? What do you want to experience and accomplish this year?
- Be clear on what you want and what you will commit yourself to. When you are clear you will get there more efficiently than if you have mixed intentions. Whether you are setting health and wellness goals, career/work goals, or you want to cultivate an inner experience like peace, joy, or gratitude be clear on where you want to go this year, who you want to be, and how you want to live.
- Write your goals and intentions. Writing brings life to what you want. Read it every day, and create a powerful mantra or affirmation that you can meditate on daily to build yourself up in strength and confidence.
- Create an action plan. Do something every day that moves you toward what it is you want to experience. It has been said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Analyze your action plan every once in a while, and if something isn’t working for you, change it and move forward.
- Align your full self, how you speak, think and your attitude in the direction you want to go. Be relentless in your commitment. You can’t think and speak negatively, you can’t constantly complain and look at all that is going wrong, and expect a good result. You can’t bring a negative, self-destructive attitude expect good to come from it. Decide what positive energy you will choose to live in, and own it.
- Decide you will not give up. Choose to stay committed to your goal, one day at a time. Refuse to be swayed by other people or circumstances, promise yourself that nothing and no one will influence you negatively that will cause you to give up on yourself. Live one day at a time.
We have it in our power to begin the world over again.
Wishing you a healthy, happy, prosperous and peaceful 2017! Live deliberately, live intentionally, and be strong and confident in all you do.